||1012 Cedar Hall|
Ph. D. in Social and Political Geography, 1998, University of Iowa;
- M.A. Social and Political Geography, 1997, University of Iowa;
- Clinical Pastoral Education, 3 units, 1981-1982. Bethesda Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Doctor of Ministry, Meadville/Lombard Theological School at the University of Chicago, 1971;
- B.A. in Philosophy and Religion, 1966, Antioch College, Yellow Springs, Ohio.
- Year abroad: Germany, 1964-65. University of Tubingen, 2 semesters.
- Work-study assignments: Remscheid-Luttringhausen, Germany, 1965; Deggingen-Fils, Germany, 1964; New Haven, CN, 1964; Skokie, IL, 1963, Mooresville, IN, 1963, Rowe Camp, Massachusetts, 1962; Washington, D.C., 1961-62
- Professional Experience:
Adjunct faculty, 2003- present, Social Science Dept., Kirkwood Community College; 2002-2003,
- Adjunct Faculty, Arts and Humanities, Kirkwood Community College;
- Adjunct Faculty at Coe and Mt. Mercy College, 1999-2002;
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Geography Dept., University of Northern Iowa, 1998-1999;
- Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant, University of Iowa, 1992-1998.
- Unitarian Universalist Parish Ministry
- Tempe Arizona (1971-1976
- Cincinnati, Ohio, 1976-1981
- Columbus, Ohio, 1981-1984
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 1984-1992
- Dubuque, Iowa, 1991-1994
- Clinton, Iowa, 2006-2008.
- Research Associate, Iowans for the Prevention of Gun Violence, 1999-2006.
- Reader, AP Human Geography essays, 2006-2008.
Honors & Awards:
Outstanding Advisor, Kirkwood UNA Student Alliance, Student Life, Kirkwood, 2009.
Certificate of Appreciation, Columbia U. Dept. of Psychiatry, for work on Suicide Prevention, Teenscreen program, 2005.
Certificate of Appreciation, Linn County Branch, NAACP, 2003.
Garst Award, Iowa United Nations Association, 2001.
Distinguished Service Award, United Nations Association-USA, 1986
Program Vice-President, Linn Co. UNA-USA, 1999 - present.